Call for Abstracts for 3rd EBR Conference
Submission now open
We invite you to join us for the third EBR Conference “Seeing further: The past, present and future of Evidence-Based Research”, organized by the EU-funded EVBRES COST Network (CA-17117) and taking place online from 6th to 7th October 2022.
The Conference is aimed at everyone who is keen to share their work and views on EBR.
We aim to bring together a broad range of key EBR actors and stakeholders (including researchers, funding agencies, research regulators, editors and reviewers, educators, patients and consumers, etc.) to discuss the role of EBR in the generation, synthesis and translation of knowledge. We are inviting contributions of perspectives and experiences on a range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Stakeholders’ role in EBR
- Challenges and success stories in the implementation of EBR
- Local initiatives in EBR/Practice/Service development using EBR
- Innovative learning methods in EBR
- Efficient production and updating of SRs (categories of stakeholders may include librarians, health informatics etc.; artificial intelligence, rapid review methods)
- Alternative pathways for synthesizing evidence
- Meta-research related to EBR
The abstract submission platform will open 1st March 2022 and the abstract will have to be submitted by midnight GMT on 16th May 2022 (midnight GMT).
Abstracts can be submitted for one of the following categories:
- Oral presentation: Presentations in this category will be 20 minutes long in total minutes (at least five minutes must be reserved for Q&As). Successful abstracts in this category will need to submit a pre-recorded presentation prior to the conference.
- Lightning talk: Successful abstracts in this category will need to prepare one to three slides, and the lightning talk time allowance will be 10 minutes (at least five minutes must be reserved for Q&As).
Presenters who are early career investigators (ECIs) will be considered for prizes. Prizes will be awarded for the best oral presentation and best lightning talk.
[ECI = A researcher within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained the PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent)]
- Language: English
- Text limit: maximum 1500 characters (including spaces; without title, author and affiliation)
- Abstract structure: the abstract should include the following four areas
- Aim: Brief statement regarding the purpose of the work and the current state of research in the field
- Methods: Paragraph outlining the method(s) of the work
- Results: Summary of results, including sufficient details to support any drawn conclusions
- Conclusions: Statement explaining the significance of the work and its implications for further research.
Submitted abstracts will undergo a peer review process by members of the Abstract Committee. They will be judged against a set of criteria for novelty, quality, potential scientific impact, interest and relevance to the scope.
Results of the abstract assessment and assigned category of presentation will be announced to the corresponding author via email. Individuals submitting abstracts agree that, if their abstract is accepted, they will present their abstract as scheduled. All accepted abstracts will appear in the final conference programme and will be made available to delegates online. All submitters will be asked to give consent to having the abstract and the contact details (name and affiliation) of the presenting author(s) published.
- 1 March 2022
- 16 May (midnight GMT)
- 1 July 2022
- 29 September 2022
- 6 – 7 October 2022
Tina Poklepović Peričić (chair, EVBRES Working Group 2)
Raluca Sfetcu (chair, EVBRES Working Group 3)
Karen Robinson (representing non-European EBR Network)
Caroline Blaine (Science Communication Manager EVBRES)
Klara Brunnhuber (vice-chair EVBRES)
Hans Lund (chair EVBRES)
Malgorzata Bala (EVBRES, Working Group 2 and 4)
Jana Babjakova (EVBRES, Working Group 2)
Michaela Kosticova (EVBRES, Working Group 2)
Due to Covid-19 we have decided to hold a virtual conference which will be free to attend for all participants.
For any queries, please contact the organisers by emailing info2022@EVBRES.eu.
We are looking forward to virtually meeting you!