CALL for ITC CONFERENCE GRANTS
3rd Grant Period (1 May 2020 – 31 October 2021)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION APRIL 15th, 2021
IMPORTANT NOTE: According to the COST Association online conferences are also included now!
Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) Conference Grants (CGs) aim to support Early Career Investigator (ECI) researchers from participating ITCs to attend international science and technology-related conferences
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
ECIs1 (and possibly PhD students) with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC2 to whom all of the following apply:
- Accepted oral/poster presentation at the conference listed in the official event/conference program
- Subject of the oral presentation / poster is on the topic of the Action and acknowledges COST
- Participation has been pre-approved by the Action MC.
WHICH CONFERENCES QUALIFY?
Any international science and technology-related conferences with a relevant focus that take place between 1 May 2020 and 31 October 2021 (3rd EVBRES Grant Period [GP]).
European conferences are preferred.
A cost estimation (registration fee3, estimated total cost) should be submitted with the application.4
HOW TO APPLY? The 3rd GP will have only one round of applications that have to be submitted by April 15th, 2021.
- Candidate prepares application covering all of the following aspects:
- Details of applicant (name, contact details, institution, stage of career)
- Details of conference (name, date and place)
- Abstract of conference contribution
- Description of how the conference contribution and the conference overall relates to EVBRES, what are the benefits for the researcher in attending the conference, what are the benefits for EVBRES (1 page max.)
- Documents about conference registration, acceptance of conference contribution, expected cost5
- Applicant sends application via email to ITC CG Coordinator Tamara Prevendar (email@example.com) and complete the on-line application form (at https://e-services.cost.eu).
- ITC CG Coordinator reviews the documents and, if needed, asks for clarification/additional documents.
- Application is reviewed by each member of the ITC CG review committee and the ratings for evaluation criteria are sent to the ITC CG coordinator
- ITC CG Coordinator reviews ratings and reaches a decision, taking into account gender balance.
- ITC CG Coordinator informs ITC CG review committee of ratings and discusses decision with ITC CG review committee until a final decision is made.
- Recommended application is sent to Action Chair for pre-approval (i.e. before the conference).
- Applicant is notified of ITC CG review committee’s decision (and if applicable Action Chair’s pre-approval).
- ITCCG Coordinator gives green light to the applicant to apply for the grant officially in the e-COST platform.
The ITC review committee is made up of the 4 Working Group Leaders.
In case someone from the committee’s institution applies, WG leaders’ substitutes will be taking the role to avoid bias/ conflict of interest.
The committee reviews the application scores the application on a scale from 1 to 5* and send their ratings to the ITC CG coordinator (independently):
- Research match with the EVBRES MoU objectives and Working group goals;
- Conference contribution – quality of the submitted contribution.
*From 1 = no match with EVBRES MuO objectives & WG goals/ poor quality of the submitted contribution; to 5 = very good research match with EVBRES MuO objectives & WG goals/ excellent quality of the submitted contribution.
 ECI = Early Career Investigator – A researcher within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained the PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent).
 ITC = Inclusiveness Target Countries – Full list of ITC
 For virtual conferences, only the registration fee is eligible cost.
 See latest Cost Vademecum for eligible costs.
 See latest Cost Vademecum for eligible costs. For virtual conferences, only the registration fee is eligible cost.